Table of Contents
*This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Anyone picking up the game of golf would know that the game comes with an elaborate list of dos and don’ts that should be followed in the course. The elaborate list of regulations can be a bit too much to follow for most people, which is why they should go one step at a time, rather than picking up all hobbies at once.
All golfers have to make numerous decisions related to the game, most of which comes down to what you have to wear and the equipment you are required to carry.
The clothes you wear to a session on golf can vary based on the different locations you are heading to for a good game of golf. For instance, you will have to select your outfits based on whether you are headed to simple practice, to the driving range, to a golf course and even on a golf corporate lunch.
When you are at the driving range, you have the liberty to wear almost anything casual that you want. The main pre-requisite that you should cover is to have clothes that don’t restrict the movement of your arm or your legs. Restrictive clothes can be fairly difficult to carry and can ultimately restrict your movements in the course. Clothes that are casual and flexible in nature, happen to be a lot more comfortable and can give you the kind of performance you need on the course.
In this article, we take a look at the dress codes most driving ranges have for golf. This article will help give you a good perspective on how driving ranges function and what you need to do to excel in them.
To see some of the latest and greatest golfing gadgets currently on the market just click here.
Going To Driving Range
The dress code you follow at the driving range is ultimately determined by the kind of driving range you are headed to. Different driving ranges tend to have different rules, which you have to adhere to for the best results possible. If you are headed to a driving range attached to a proper golf course, it is best for you to wear a semi-formal golf dress that you would otherwise wear in the golf course.
However, the same will not be required of you if you are headed to a public driving range. Public driving ranges are pretty relaxed when it comes to the rules and regulations they have in place for different people.
Even if it is a public driving range, you should keep multiple factors into consideration and decide on the basis of the following:
- Stand Alone Driving Range: Stand alone driving ranges tend to come with a mini golf course, which can be used for minor leisure activities. The experience is not similar to that of an official golf course, but is still fun-filled and can make for a good time. You can wear pretty much anything when it comes to a stand alone driving range.
- Driving Ranges with Golf Courses: Certain golf courses have driving ranges. Even if you see that the driving range attached to a private golf course is public and doesn’t require memberships, you should make sure that they don’t have a dress code in place. It is good to double check with the organization and context and ask them about the possible dress code regulations they might have in place.
Also, what you plan to wear for the event can be determined by the purpose you have inside the driving range. Are you headed to the driving range for a practice session? Or do you want to hit a few golf balls and get your swing going? Some people could also head to a driving range for a date, after which they head out for a formal dinner or dining experience together. In the latter, it doesn’t make sense for you to be dressed in a formal golf attire, especially since you will be headed to a different location after the driving range.
If you are headed to the driving range for a golf session, then it makes sense for you to wear what you will want to wear inside a proper, private golf course. The private golf course attire should be followed, as it allows you to wear the kind of outfit you want.
It is good that you replicate your swing and outfit the way you would in a proper golf course. The practice session in the driving range can hence come handy and lead to multiple laurels.
Your casual clothes can fit the purpose if you are headed to the driving range to just blow some steam off and to hit a few drives. Your casual clothes can befit the purpose, and you don’t really have to wear something specific for the purpose.
Outfit Examples for the Driving Range
Before you get anything else answered or go through the outfit examples we have, it is best to know that the driving range isn’t a fashion show that you are part of. Almost anything inside the driving range works for you, which is why you shouldn’t really be dressed in your latest purchase or chic clothes.
Some examples of outfits that work for both men and women include;
- T-shirts and blouses for both genders. All kinds of polo shirts, sleeveless shirts and hoodies work here. Just make sure the design of the upper doesn’t restrict the movement of your arms in anyway.
- Jeans, baggy jeans and ripped jeans can be a good idea for the lower.
- Capri or cropped pants for females.
- Shorts that are appropriate for other sports can work. Swimming briefs aren’t a good idea.
The ideas mentioned above will keep you good for all driving ranges and meet the dress codes they have in place.